Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategy & Consulting (Oncology and Inflammation & Immunology), this role is responsible for partnering with Oncology and Inflammation & Immunology leaders to shape, develop, and enable execution of strategies that will advance and grow the business. The scope of the role will include all areas under the purview of each category, including research, development, and commercial. While this position reports into the Strategy & Consulting team organizationally, this person will partner closely with their aligned triad leadership teams in order to support decision-making on critical business challenges to critical business challenges and opportunities, and ensure that there is alignment with strategic priorities, or make adjustments to priorities when necessary. The scope of the role will focus on four key accountabilities: 1) contribute to the development and refresh of the respective business unit strategic plans, ensuring a consistent structure to the plans done across Pfizer, 2) manage projects related to key strategic issues, 3) provide insight into impact of market signals that could impact business performance or strategic direction, and 4) ensure alignment of BU strategic planning and execution with Pfizer's Purpose Driven Growth Agenda and associated Corporate 'Bold Moves'.
- Partner with BU leaders and/or corporate functions to develop business strategies at a global level. Identify key strategic imperatives and capabilities required to achieve these imperatives.
- Contribute to the completion of the annual strategic plan refresh, as well as a strategy action plan that manages the execution of the strategies.
- Lead, direct, or actively participate in a portfolio of projects that provide insight and direction for key strategic levers such as market development, customer needs assessment, competitive advantage, market and/or product prioritization.
- Provide perspective on the potential impact of external market signals that could impact future business performance.
- Develop a deep expertise in market dynamics specific to the assigned therapeutic area in order to identify market trends and appropriately assess opportunities and guide strategic direction.
- Understand the priorities of the triads and/or corporate functional leads to understand business needs and represent current status of opportunity evaluations.
- Develop external relationships that provide perspective of the diverse eco-system outside of Pfizer as it relates to the areas of the business you support.
- Collaborate with other Directors and teams within the Strategy & Consulting organization to identify opportunities across commercial categories for alignment or best-practice sharing.
- Actively participate in the Strategy & Consulting team, supporting Pfizer strategy through the perspective and experience of the organizations you support.
- Direct and provide day-to-day oversight to project teams with varying levels of experience, coaching and developing them to build capability and performance.
- Create an engaging and productive work environment where team members are encouraged to collaborate and excel.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant biopharmaceutical experience required, including experience working in or with commercial functions involving strategy development and/or strategic initiatives (e.g., marketing, commercial development, market access & pricing, etc.)
- 3+ years of biopharmaceutical consulting experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience of working within and knowledge of the Oncology and / or Inflammation & Immunology therapeutic areas is preferred.
- Understands trends and market dynamics in US and Global healthcare and biopharmaceuticals, aware of competitor strategies, and understands the drug development process.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organization without direct authority (Category Presidents, department leaders, and functional counterparts). Must be able to influence executive commercial and research & development leaders.
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking skills, as evidenced by the ability to tee up the right questions, identify alternative scenarios, articulate resulting implications, and develop recommendations for decision-making or action.
- Ability to understand and translate market and competitive dynamics into strategic implications for the BUs.
- Demonstrated project leadership, managing complex workstreams and large teams of cross-functional colleagues with varying backgrounds and skillsets.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in overseeing the day to day work of junior resources, including providing coaching, mentorship, and development.
- Basic understanding of finance and P&L implications of any strategy
- Ability to work with complex information and distill into a framework that helps facilitate decision making.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organization and lead with indirect authority.
- Excellent presentation skills sufficient to address Global BU Leadership, ELT, and external audiences.
- Strong command of English language, spoken and written.
- BA/BS - required, life sciences degree helpful.
- Advanced degree in a related field preferred.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Last Date to Apply for Job: November 15th, 2019
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.