We are looking for a passionate, business-outcome focused, detail-oriented Enterprise Business Architect to join the Digital Enterprise Architecture Strategy & Transformation practice within Pfizer Digital Architecture. The candidate is primarily responsible for:
- Assisting in advancing the Digital Architecture program and objectives
- Responsible for developing and guiding EA playbook blueprint, and operating model, emerging technology research and insight, internal consulting service to achieve Pfizer Digital's vision and desired business outcomes
- Cataloging, developing, coordinating, communicating, maintaining and governing overall digital architecture assets - blueprint, roadmap, representations, capability models, reports and components to adequately align Pfizer's business strategy and digital objectives
- Understand business objectives and define comprehensive enterprise architecture (business, data, applications, technology) blueprints & plans to support and align strategy and business outcomes
- Provide strategic and architecture consultation, advisory and guidance in defining and/or designing business processes, functions and organizational structures, as well as in researching, identifying and internally marketing enabling digital capabilities based on business requirements
- Lead enterprise-level EA studies to examine the strength, risks and opportunities related to current state, future state roadmap, new market trends, emerging technologies and business models (SWOT analysis)
- Develop trusting and business relationships with executives and cross-functional senior leaders to determine ways that Pfizer can leverage digital capabilities to enhance bold moves.
- Manage and contribute to project or initiative-related consulting engagements
- Contribute to business and IT innovation management process and help advance maturity of innovation practices
- Advance the development of the Enterprise Architecture Discipline: design a communication and education plan, develop case studies to demonstrate value, Promote the EA process, outcomes and results to the organization, including the enterprise's IT and business leaders; Manage the Enterprise Architecture Advisory/Review Board and help develop the EA Center of Excellence
- Support Digital investment planning and oversight efforts
- Master's degree or M.B.A. preferred
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or business, information systems or related discipline, or equivalent and extensive related enterprise architecture experience
- 15+ years of experience in IT, with a minimum of 10 years in practicing in Enterprise Architecture discipline, lifescience/healthcare domain a plus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to apply "Horizontal Thinking"
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of designing and constructing business processes, value streams, capabilities, functions and organizational structures in lifescience/healthcare vertical
- Personal and professional skills, including excellent communication and relationship-building skills, problem solving, and negotiation
- Comprehensive knowledge of enterprise architecture facilitation and organization change management
- Leadership skills to influence and indirectly drive cross-functional teams towards common solutions
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing technology/trend and apply it to business needs
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies/trends and deliver technology value roadmap
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Understanding of management consulting and IT/EA frameworks to align business and digital strategy, goals, objectives
- Understanding of architecture planning, technology delivery model and governance models
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, valuation and metrics development.
- Statistical analysis and data science skills a plus
- Excellent Business and Digital capability modeling and analysis skills
- Management experience in one or more of the following areas (preferably in lifescience/healthcare)
- Strategic planning, leadership and relationship management
- Project management efforts involving the coordination of resources and goals across multiple architecture domains.
- Developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective services and models to diverse and complex business problems.
- Working knowledge of -
- EA tools (e.g. LeanIX, Troux, Alfabet, Mega)
- EA Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, EACOE)
- Cloud service delivery models, as well as On-premise/Cloud integration patterns
- Enterprise Service Bus, Big Data, Blockchain, Open API, Digital Health, BizDevOps, Lean, Six Sigma
- Architecture patterns: Distributed computing, Platform and ecosystem architecture
- Business process re-engineering principles and patterns
- Value-stream mapping
- Human-centered Design Thinking
- Excellent Project management skills
- Must be an excellent communicator (written, verbal, presentation) who can relate well to all levels of management and technical/non-technical colleagues
- Excellent team player; great interpersonal skills, and ability to work in a team environment across different time zones
- Knowledge of LifeScience and/or Healthcare vertical including business, regulatory and market trends
- Neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices; more interested in outcomes than in personal preferences
- May require supporting US EST time zone
- May require occasional travel to the USA
This role will primarily interact with pan-digital stakeholders and collaborate with client partner, creation centers and enabling functions; Ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple levels of management and staff across the organization.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Information & Business Tech